Notable Backroad Connections projects on which Jack Gilding was the sole or principal consultant include:
- Extensive work for AEShareNet, an online intellectual property licensing system.
- Development of a report on Technical Standards for Online Education and Training.
- A report for the Rural Training Council of Australia on the feasibility of a national online register of training courses and opportunities.
- Sharing Knowledge: a project is to increase the value of the various projects being undertaken as part of the Australian Flexible Learning Framework by facilitating the sharing of information between projects, and with the wider vocational education and training community.
- Extensive work on standards for the description of learning resources in the vocational education and training sector.